857BR Physical Testing Technician
ISURA is a third party verification and certification service to certify ingredients and products for the natural health, nutraceutical and functional food industries. We are committed to enhance the wellbeing of our customers – through research, development and delivery of effective nutritional products. It is our mission to contribute to the lives of our customers, employees, suppliers and the communities we serve, in a cooperative and sustainable manner.
The Physical Testing Technician enables samples to flow through the lab in an orderly and timely manner, supporting Quality Control and Quality Assurance functions.
- Assist in sampling of raw materials and bulk products as required
- Prepare sub-samples for outside labs by splitting the samples and packaging them in suitable containers
- Assist in the arrangement of samples to be tested (what to be tested, where, call for courier)
- Perform sieve analysis, bulk density, Loss on drying, particle-size by laser diffraction, FT-IR, viscosity testing and other tests as needed
- Organize samples in the sampling/weighing area
- Wipe and clean lab surfaces such as counters, cabinets, safety hoods, balance tables
- Collect and clean laboratory glassware / plastic-ware
- Put away cleaned laboratory glassware / plastic-ware
- Data Entry
- Manage retaining samples
- Collecting samples for storage
- Label and store samples at appropriate locations
- Retrieve samples as required
- Discard samples when past required storage time
- Environmental Monitoring
- Keep sample array current
- Type or edit reports as required
- Degree (or diploma) in Chemistry or related science
- Knowledge and ability to use Computer, Microsoft Access, Excel, Word
- Good ability to communicate in English, both written and spoken
- Works well in a team setting and independently
- Experience working in a GMP environment prefered
- Careful and detailed
- Physically able to lift objects up to 25 kg at a time
This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Only electronic applications can be accepted. This position will close when a competitive candidate pool has been identified. We thank you all for your applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. You can check the status of your application by logging in to your account. All the best!
- Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Company: ISURA
- Country: Canada
Chemical Research Technologist
- Investigate existing patents to determine routes for new applications
- Plan and perform experiments to provide data for patent filings
- Draft patent applications for natural health products based on organic chemicals
- Prepare reports on scientific experiments
- Develop patentable products based advanced organic chemical processes
Skill Requirements (Education & Work Experience):
- Ph.D or MS Degree in chemistry or related field
- Minimum 5 years or more experience in the chemical industry
- 5 years or more experience on preparing and applying for patents
- Advanced knowledge of organic polymer materials, coatings and surfactants
- Advanced experience with nanostructures and hydrophilic resins
- Experience in advanced chemical processes and production preferred.
- Experience in chemical engineering projects leading to granted patents preferred.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of raw materials, functions and applications.